Corporate Responsibility Policy
1. Our principles:
The SUMO Group recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, regulators, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfill the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance to this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
2. Our partnership focus:
- We shall ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk
- We will register and resolve customer complaints in accordance with our standards of serviceWe shall support and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our regionWe shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees
- We will offer our employees clear and fairs terms of employment and provide resources to enable their continual development
- We shall maintain a clear and fair employee remuneration policy and shall maintain forums for employee consultation and business involvement
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment
- We shall uphold the values of honesty, partnership and fairness in our relationships with stakeholders
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship
- We will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for mutual benefit
3. Our Core Values
- Exceed our customer’s expectations through the delivery of focused customer service
- Be truthful, accurate and straightforward in everything we do.
- Be candid and non-deceptive in both communication and conduct.
- Build relationships through honesty and dependability
- Maintain and demonstrate consistency between our beliefs and our behaviour
- Be reasonable, open-minded, impartial, even-handed, and non-discriminatory in all our dealings.
- Demonstrate without faltering, sincerity, tolerance, consideration, and assistance towards others
COMMITMENT TO OTHERS
- Strive for excellence through attention to detail and good, diligent working habits.
- Improve our capabilities through continuous learning, coaching and teaching.
- Never accept complacency or indifference.
- Remain flexible and open to possibilities.
3. Competition Act
The SUMO Group of Companies operate in full compliance with the Competition Act 1998 and the Enterprise Act 2002
It is the policy of the SUMO Group of Company’s not to operate restrictive practices to distort, restrict or prevent competition. Horizontal agreements are not permitted (agreements to collude between firms on the same level of the supply chain) where this could limit output, collusively share information, fix prices, tender collectively and share markets out.Although the SUMO Group of Companies is not in a dominant market position, no practices such as predatory pricing, excessive prices, refusal to supply, vertical restraints and price discrimination to maximise profit, gain competitive advantage or otherwise restrict competition will be used by the SUMO Group of Companies.
Disciplinary or in serious cases legal action will be taken against any staff members who are found to be in breach of our policy.