Case Study - Clegg Construction Ltd
- Whilst putting piles into the ground for a new building at Aston Student's Union site, construction workers discovered an 11m deep brick well.
- Onsite work had to stop due to the unexpected void discovery and the client was in need of a quick survey solution to get the project up and running again.
- SUMO Geophysics conducted a Ground Penetrating Radar Survey (GPR) on-site.
- Thankfully (for the client) the GPR survey didn’t find any further voids, but did identify 3 buried targets of interest: a concrete slab at 400mm deep, a gas pipe at 800mm deep and a fuel tank at 800mm deep, which could have created further delays for the client.
- Due to the urgency of the situation, SUMO's team were on site within 4 hours of the client contacting us.
- The survey was also conducted in 4 hours including on site interpretation and post-process of the data.
- The site was up and running again shortly after and progressed without further incident.
We recommend further reading...